The Mauritian Blog Brethren
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna

4 posters

Go down

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna Empty Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna

Post by slasher Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:39 pm

Madonna spoke of being possessed by magic as she was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on Monday along with Leonard Cohen, rocker John Mellencamp, British pop band The Dave Clark Five and instrumental group The Ventures.

"I felt like I had been possessed by some magic and luckily for me I have been miraculously and continuously possessed by some kind of magic," Madonna said at the annual Hall of Fame ceremony in New York.

"I have gone on to do so many things in my life, from writing children's books, to designing clothes, to directing a film. But for me it always does, and it always will, come back to the music, so thank you," she said.

Madonna, 49, was inducted by pop star Justin Timberlake, who has co-written and co-produced half the songs on her new album "Hard Candy," which is released next month. "Nobody has gotten into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame looking this damn fine," he said. "You're no old museum piece."

Madonna made her debut in 1982 and her first album "Madonna," including hits such as "Holiday," "Borderline" and "Lucky Star," helped her become one of the best-selling pop artists, with more then 200 million albums sold worldwide.

Artists become eligible for the Hall of Fame 25 years after the release of their first single or album and are represented in an exhibition at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame museum in Cleveland, Ohio.

While The Dave Clark Five and Mellencamp had been nominated before, this was the first year Madonna was eligible. Iggy & The Stooges performed rock versions of her pop hits "Burning Up" and "Ray of Light" after her induction.

Cohen, a gravel-voiced Canadian whose songs tell of love and sex, faith and betrayal, is among the most literary of songwriters. He published four books of poetry and two novels before trying music, partly to escape being a starving artist.

"This is a very unlikely occasion for me. It is not a distinction that I coveted or even dared dream about," he said before reciting the lyrics to "Tower of Song" from his 1988 album "I'm Your Man." He was inducted by Lou Reed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080311/music_nm/halloffame_dc;_ylt=AuqnvDKFH7OLaXB6GoHOVahxFb8C

WHAT A SHAME Mad Sad Suspect confused scratch head break sign huh pfff... aargh
slasher
slasher
Guitarist
Guitarist

Male
Number of posts : 525
Mood : Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna Sign0066
Registration date : 2007-10-10

http://koonul.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna Empty Re: Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna

Post by morinn Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:59 pm

lol! Razz
morinn
morinn
Sunny Blogger
Sunny Blogger

Female
Number of posts : 2137
Mood : Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna Sign0025

http://www.morinn.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna Empty Re: Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna

Post by DaLia Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:33 am

I always thought madonna did pop Very Happy
DaLia
DaLia

Female
Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by morinn Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:42 pm

lol! i thought she was into pop as well Razz
morinn
morinn
Sunny Blogger
Sunny Blogger

Female
Number of posts : 2137
Mood : Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna Sign0025

http://www.morinn.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by La Pingouine Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:37 pm

Very Happy li dans r&b aster....n'empeche so dernier chanter '4 minutes' top...trouver ki timberlake et timbaland ine collabore ek li, so clip faire dimoune envie danse pareil couma zot surtout timberlake Rock

La Pingouine

Female
Number of posts : 536
Mood : Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Inducts Madonna 3D%20Smiles%20(318)
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down